The Student News Site of Coral Springs Charter School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Food Review: Talkin’ Tacos

Lorintz-Ludvig Compere
The front of the Talkin’ Tacos restaurant.

Food Review: Talkin’ Tacos

Good morning, good evening, and good night! We’re back, baby! After a year-long pause, it is my pleasure to continue my reviews of restaurants around Coral Springs and Florida as a whole. I’m your reviewer, Lorintz, and today we’ll be reviewing a restaurant by the name of Talkin’ Tacos!

Entering the restaurant felt like entering a nightclub. The walls were painted black. Red, blue, and green light bulbs spun, shining their varying hues everywhere. Various Indigenous Hispanic-American mythical creatures surrounded the restaurant. Interestingly, lots of Day of the Dead imagery was visible throughout the interior. Several skulls with sombreros decorated the walls. In fact, there is a sizable mural of a skull woman to the right of the entrance. The level of detail that went into it is astonishing, greatly increasing the feel of the restaurant. Overall, I really like the “constant party” energy they decided to go for.

Like the name implies, tacos are the main focus of the restaurant. However, they aren’t the only thing Talkin Tacos have. They have a variety of savory entrées, sides, desserts, and homemade drinks. They even cater to the vegan crowd. While this is all great, there was a bit of disappointment. For one, the store was very empty. Besides a single woman eating outside, there was no one inside or outside of the store. Additionally, the staff were not as energetic and welcoming compared to some of my other experiences. However, this isn’t to say they were mean-hearted or held any hatred towards me. In fact, I can sympathize with their weariness. They might have simply had a bad sales day or something personal going on. Besides that, the service was great. The staff were very helpful and provided useful information about the restaurant. The wait time for our food was also surprisingly quick. We received our 3 orders in around 5 minutes, record if you ask me.

Birria Grilled Cheese
Type of meal: Sandwich
The sandwich looked rather simple, goat meat slapped between two slices of bread. However, as they say, looks can be deceiving. The bread tasted phenomenal. The hint of sweetness in it went well with the meat. The goat meat was also a masterpiece. There was a distinct savory taste that overwhelmed me. I could taste the different spices that were used to cook the goat meat to perfection. There are no downsides to list, besides the fact it didn’t last longer. Considering the incredible mixture of sweet and savory in this meal, it is my honor to grant this meal the first ever 10 out of 10 rating.
10/10

Quesa Birria
Type of dish: Taco
The texture of the meat was slightly more disappointing on this meal, especially having the Birria Grilled Cheese. It was a tad bit dry for my taste. However, the cheese did help a lot in mitigating my disappointment. Combined with the cooked tortilla, everything tasted relatively good. There were no significant aftertastes or flaws that would decrease the rating of the meal any further. However, it wasn’t mind blowing either.
7.8/10

Overall, I’d have to rate my experience with Talkin Tacos and its food an 8.9 out of 10. The atmosphere very well mimicked a South American nightclub, with bright, colorful, spinning lights illuminating the room. This was accompanied by various decorations around the interior driving home this feeling, while putting a unique emphasis on the Day of the Dead. The food was incredibly good. The staff weren’t very energetic, however, this was negligible. All things considered, this was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend this to even my worst enemy.

As a final note, Talkin Tacos is currently hosting a drawing competition which will conclude on October 1st. The winner will receive $500. If you are interested, we highly recommend signing up here: https://talkintacos.net/