The Student News Site of Coral Springs Charter School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Kicking to success: varsity soccer this season

Boys varsity soccer team after a win against Westminster Academy.

The boys’ varsity soccer team is one of the most anticipated sports seasons in our school. With the season starting, the question of how they have been doing and what they can improve on arises.
So far, the soccer team has played 7 games this season. The team’s record as of now is 1 win, 5 losses and 2 ties. Although they are off to a rocky start, through all the different experiences they have had each game, they have gotten better and better. Many members on the team have had lots to say when asked questions about how they have been doing so far into the season, and what they can improve on for future games.
“We have been playing well defensively, however, we make stupid mistakes, and these can cost us the game at times. We need to play better as a team instead of 11 individuals who want to score. We need to start to play with one another, as we have the talent to do so but we don’t,” stated freshman Thomas Givens.
“It’s been good so far; we ended our losing streak yesterday with a tie to Taravella. We’ve learned to work together as a team and to play as simply as possible. We’ve also learned how to possess the ball better. We hope to go farther than last year and to keep improving every week we play,” stated team captain Elijah McDonald. This highlights that they are taking losses as learning experiences and getting better every game.
“We’ve been doing good. We have been creating a lot of chances and opportunities. The only thing we need to improve on is working as a team and defending together,” stated captain Alex Rosano.
“The soccer team has been doing well this far into the season. We have improved a lot. Compared to the results we had last year, it is easy to tell that our level has gone up. We can definitely improve on passing more and creating plays to score more goals,” freshman Alejandro Ruiz stated. This goes to show that there has been a big jump in their level, but there is still lots to work on.
All in all, the soccer team has been doing well this far into the season and has shown big improvement compared to last year. Although there are things to work on, the team has been working on fixing these issues, helping them become a better team overall.