Festival of the Arts: EPCOT

Abbey Van Helden
World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT featuring their famous logo formed by the greenery and light up pavement.

There’s only one place in Disney World where you can try food and experience cultures from all over the globe. EPCOT, one of the four parks found in Disney World, is known for their vast number of festivals held each year. Examples of some of the festivals include Food & Wine, Festival of the Holidays, Flower and Garden Festival, and last but certainly not least, the Festival of the Arts. Currently hosting their Festival of Arts celebration, this is an event known to support artists that will help them with the promotion of their artwork.

They reach about 20 different food studios which serve culinary art, while the Animation Academy provides the opportunity for all guests to learn how to draw their beloved Disney characters. In addition to this, they include the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, which showcases very talented performances.

While walking around EPCOT, you can observe artwork created by Disney and other talented artists that are displayed throughout each country at the World Showcase Lagoon. There are also special photo spots scattered throughout the park where you can take memories home with your family. Before you leave, you can also mark your place in this park by contributing to a collaborative paint-by-number mural. “This is a good way for art to be expressed and shared with the public by giving them a community place to view it,” said 9th grader Annabelle Grimaldi.

There are many activities included in this festival, like watching the artists make their creations in real time or participating in a scavenger hunt with famous paintings. All of these activities are perfect for children that need ways to take their energy out. Right before entering the World Showcase in Epcot, you can find the walkways lined with hand-drawn chalk artwork on display.

“In my opinion, the Festival of the Arts is more interesting than the other festivals like Food and Wine,” said 9th grader Khalil Al-Buhaisi. “There is more creativity involved.” It brings together artists, musicians and performers from all over the world to showcase their talent.

Additionally, they have released merchandise. It features EPCOT’s main mascot, Figment, who is from Journey Into Imagination, with all the new items themed purple. You can find these items at the Creations Shop and at markets throughout the park.