The Student News Site of Coral Springs Charter School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival blooms this spring

Taken+at+EPCOT+flower+n+garden+fest+tiana+
Me
Taken at EPCOT flower n garden fest tiana

One might ask, “what is the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival?” Or “what even is EPCOT??” EPCOT is one of the 6 parks at DisneyWorld. The F&G (flower & garden for short) festival is an annual garden festival at EPCOT in Walt Disney World Florida, beginning in 1994 the F&G festival has been bursting with thousands upon thousands of flowers that are planted throughout the park. Showing different Disney characters as a floral arrangement. The festival starts February 28th and ends May 27th 2024. Also at the Flower & Garden festival is food around the world, each country has a different menu of food selections, from desert, to dinner, to drinks. Walking around the world I picked 2-3 of my favorite things at the Flower and Garden Festival.

Violet Lemonade
The Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade is a returning fan-favorite frozen dessert. A non-alcoholic sweet and sour in my opinion refreshing drink, topped with an edible flower from the Land Pavilion. You can get this drink at the Pineapple Promenade Outdoor Kitchen for $4.75, along with other food and drink items there such as the Spicy Hot Dog with pineapple chutney, DOLE Whip, and other Beverages.

Beef Tenderloin
The Beef Tenderloin Tips with mushroom bordelaise sauce, whipped potatoes, and garden vegetables another returning favorite dinner meal, usually when I get this I only get the beef and the garden vegetables, which you can ask for any stand to take off a certain item you don’t like on your meal and they’ll have no problem with doing so since when you order they make it before you reach the counter where you pick it up. The Beef Tenderloin is $7.25, a favorite for a meat lover, you don’t get like two small pieces you get enough as it to be a meal and not just a little snack. It tastes like beef stew in a way, it melts in your mouth and it is easy to chew since it’s slow cooked. You can get this at the Northern Bloom stand, along with other food and drink items there such as Chocolate Maple Whisky Cake, Collective Arts Brewing Grapefruit Lime Sour, and other beverages.

Shrimp Tempura
Although I didn’t try it, this is a favorite my parents had. The Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp with orange-chile sauce, made the best of the Fest last year and returned again. A lightly fried dish, isn’t too greasy with a sweet sesame chile orange sauce, which is sweet and citrusy which is a great flavor with the fried shrimp. The Shrimp Tempura is $7, you can get this at the Citrus Blossom stand, along with other foods and drinks such as Lemon Meringue Pie, Orange-Lemon Smoothie in a souvenir Orange Bird sipper cup (non-alcoholic) something else we got) and other drink items.

Orange-Lemon Smoothie
Also at the Citrus Blossom stand, the Orange-Lemon Smoothie that you can get in a souvenir Orange Bird sipper cup, it really wasn’t my favorite and with the cup its $15, I more wanted the cup than the drink since its a smoothie and i’m not really the type to like milky drinks. It was good other than that it didn’t really taste milky, it just tasted sour like lemon and lime and not really orange.

Frushi
The main reason why I wanted to go to the Flower and Garden Fest was for this item. Frushi is a strawberry, pineapple, and lychee wrapped in coconut rice and pink soy wrap served with whipped cream (FRESH) , drizzled raspberry sauce, and toasted coconut. I’m not a coconut person but for me I can’t even taste the coconut, Frushi is a returning item in Japan at the Hanami stand. Overall it’s just mind blowing and the taste is amazing, it’s one of those you’ll have to taste it for yourself. Frushi is $7.75 and other food and drink items on the menu are Steam bun filled with vegetables and plant-based soy meat, Ramen Cup: Ramen salad shaken in a cup with fresh vegetables, grilled chicken, and dashi broth with chili oil and yuzu, Watermelon-Strawberry Lemonade, and other drink items