Test Track unveils exciting new upgrades

Abbey Van Helden
Disney’s Spaceship Earth

Many are surprised by the announcement that a favorite Disney ride, Test Track, will be closing for refurbishment starting on June 17, 2024. Known for being Walt Disney’s World’s fastest attraction and having a very interactive design, Test Track has been considered a favorite ride among a majority of their guests. This news created controversy among fans, who are now wondering why Test Track needs this reimagining and many are confused as to why this decision was made.
This is a large investment that is planned to take over a year of construction. Despite this, Disney has assured fans that this reimagining is an important factor to bring new and exciting updates to Test Track. Their imagineers have been working continusly behind the scenes to enhance the ride, and this investment shows their dedication to maintaining their quality and safety of the ride as the years continue on.
These updates range from sleeker vehicle designs, to more interactive elements. They can incorporate new technology and design choices which will raise popularity again, leading to an increase in guests. They are hoping to change the ride, transforming it into an even more thrilling and immersive experience for guests of all ages.
While many are upset over the closure of this ride, specifically over the fact that it is closing as soon as summer starts, the anticipation will only add to the excitement of their reopening.
In addition to this, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be opening during this time in replacement of Test Track closing. Although both attractions are at different parks, this will provide a distraction for those that have complaints over the upcoming refurbishment.
As the parks are evolving and being renovated, guests will always have something to look forward to even though certain closures may upset some groups. The long-term effects will greatly benefit the park as the news of a newly updated and improved attraction will spread.