The Student News Site of Coral Springs Charter School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Is Temu a scam?

The Temu app that has been causing  this scam.
Google
The Temu app that has been causing this scam.

Temu is spreading like a wildfire because of their extremely cheap prices. Although the prices are low, you should expect the worst quality product ever. This is because they have extremely low quality materials that are dirt cheap, which is why they sell their products for so low. There is no reason for millions upon millions of people getting scammed all because of some company deciding to be cheap!

The Temu app was first launched in the U.S., though it originated in China. Temu became popular in September 2022, for their outrageously low prices, and the many coupons and deals they offered. The app was reviewed by many content creators and others which helped boost its popularity. Although Temu is a very popular app, there are many factors that contribute to it being a scam.

The main and most obvious reason Temu is a scam is due to their terrible quality products. There have been many instances where their products have been broken during shipping or even when taking it out of the box. This is because of the cheap plastic materials they use to make their products.

“Temu has to have the worst quality products I have ever seen! It broke during shipping and was in pieces when I received it. I have no idea what I was expecting when ordering something so cheap. I should have known because it seemed too good to be true,” said senior Hannah Harris.

“I saw the cheap prices of headphones on Temu and was sure I had to get them. Shipping was decently fast so my hopes were up. When I put them on for the first time I noticed that the left headphone did not work whatsoever. Although the quality of sound was nearly unbearable, I used them for a week. On the last day of the week I went for my daily run, and while I was running they fell on the grass and broke,” said freshman Joey Manza.

In conclusion, Temu has been taking advantage of so many people due to their cheap prices and terrible quality products. This is because they get their materials for very cheap and resell the items for almost as cheap, which means that products often break and are not good. These are just some of the ways that Temu has been scamming people worldwide.