Biden’s call to action

CANVA
Biden has helped environmentalists all around the world progress ever so slightly, creating a brighter future for many generations to come.

As the Earth temperatures rise and extreme weather patterns become more frequent, many environmentalists are screaming out an urgent call to action. With protests and new ways to recycle, one by one environmentalists are trying to take down this raging beast we call climate change. However, as most know, money makes the world go round, and without money, their pleas fall on deaf ears.

Environmentalists still may be able to still create a sustainable future due to the generous donation by the Biden-Harris Committee. They have recently announced their contribution of two billion dollars to fund the Environmental and Climate Justice Community, also known as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

“The mission of the EPA is to protect human health and the environment.” This is everything the EPA stands for and so much more.

Fighting against climate change is no easy feat. Nevertheless, this has not deterred the EPA from fighting for what they believe in. They strive to fulfill their mission statement by developing and enforcing regulations, giving grants, studying environmental issues, sponsoring partnerships, and informing the general public.

With the help of the Biden Administration and the many minds at the EPA, they can find and adapt ways in order to ensure temperatures do not get to this level once more. EPA’s administrator Michael S. Regan said, “This historic, unprecedented funding has the promise to turn disadvantaged and overburdened areas into healthy, resilient and thriving communities for current and future generations.”

This grant has come just in time for the EPA to start acting now. During the summer, Florida, such as many other states, have achieved record breaking sea surface temperatures of 101.1 degrees Fahrenheit. The record had originally belonged to 99.7 degrees in the Kuwait Bay. These high temperatures cause the death of many coral reefs, which are home to many different species of animals. This affects Florida monetarily. Not only will people begin to lose their jobs due to the decrease in tourism, but fishing as well.

Overall, the Biden-Harris committee has done something that other president’s merely brushed off. Many events have proven that this event can no longer be pushed to the side. Climate change is real and will continue to eat away at what little Earth society has left. Remember to always stay green and healthy.