The first time in history! Freshmen are going to Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. is a really nice place to visit with your family and friends when it comes around to vacation time. You can see and visit famous landmarks like the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and plenty more. You can also go on tours to learn more about the history behind every place. Washington is a great place to take your vacations to.
On that note, this year, the freshman class of 2027 will go to Washington D.C. and they will be the only freshman class to ever go there. This is because they were the guinea pigs for trying out Global Perspectives in 8th grade instead of having double blocks of ELA. Instead, they only had 1 block of ELA and the other block was Global Perspectives. Since everything went accordingly, Ms. Miglino thought it was only fair if the freshmen were able to go on the Washington trip since they were the first to try out Global Perspectives in middle school instead of high school.
The freshman class is going on the trip during Spring Break and they are going for 4 days. They are going on tours and just going to have an awesome time. There will be many activities to do and many dinner nights; they will also be out all day and come back to the hotels later at night. Thank you to Ms. Boyer and Ms. Miglino for putting up a fight for the freshman class to go to Washington D.C. and for making this trip possible to go on by planning everything and for putting in your time and effort to make sure they have a good time. While they are there it’s going to be below the 30’s, so we must be fully covered and kept warm during the cold time.
There were many components to being able to go on this trip. The planning takes on what to do during the days and the time, money and energy for every student.
Every freshman is going to have a wonderful time on this trip. This will be the first and last year that the freshmen will ever go on the Washington D.C. trip; they must wait till their sophomore year to be able to go on the trip. It would be so nice to go by all the famous landmarks and take pictures and make memories with your friends. Obviously, there will also be very educational moments while learning the history behind everything on the monuments and other landmarks. Washington D.C. is going to be very eventful and a good fun educational trip. I can’t wait to see all the pictures from Washington!