JellyCats vs Squishmallows

These two soft furry options are greats gifts and even greater companions!

It is widely known that both Squishmallows and Jellycats have been extremely popular recently, but Jellycats are taking the lead in this competition as everyone’s new favorite stuffed animal. There are many factors that would make sense for this gain in popularity, like their pricing, design, or comfort.
If you are looking for more of a bargain, going for the Squishmallows is ideal. They come in a vast amount of designs and sizes ranging from 4 to 24 inches. You can use them as a toy friend or a pillow. Additionally, many consider them to be more affordable. “One Jellycat the size of my hand is already like $30, while a Squishmallow that’s practically the size of my bed is like $40,” said freshman Sydney Leath. “Squishmallows are more worth it; paying that amount for a Jellycat is absurd unless you carry it everywhere with you.”
Still, a lot of people prefer Jellycats over Squishmallows. In fact, Jellycats’ higher price is due to the fact that they use premium materials and have unique designs. “I do agree with how the prices are pretty high, many might consider it not worth it,” said freshman Jessica James. “But personally, I believe Jellycats are much cuter when compared to Squishmallows.” Kids and teenagers find Squishmallows’ vibrant colors and cute designs more appealing but Jellycats, also having a younger audience, may have themes and designs that interest older audiences.
Squishmallows have been highly popular in recent years, but now the mainly food-themed plushie is taking over the stuffed animal world, where it mainly got its popularity from social media apps like TikTok. The stuffies are designed to look like various food items such as cakes, pizza, eggs, pretzels and many others. Additionally, they also include basic object-themed toys like plants and clouds or classic animals such as turtles and bunnies. Squishmallows are more focused on designing cute animal characters. Regarding gifting, since Jellycats have such a variety of designs, it is much easier to find the perfect option for someone.
When comparing these two stuffed animals side by side, there are many things to differentiate between them. WIth material and texture, Jellycats are known to have a very smooth, soft and expensive feel, while Squishmallows are also soft, but live up to their name by being fluffy like a “marshmallow.”
Regarding collectibility, both announce special editions that are released periodically which adds to the excitement. Jellycats will reveal limited edition stuffies which will narrow down to a specific fabric, color, or accessory. Squishmallows also follow this, but release them based on the season, collaborations or just exclusive designs in general.
Additionally, both have unique qualities. Squishmallows can have stuffies that are able to be reversed. For example, a caterpillar can be flipped into a butterfly. On the other hand, Jellycats can have more interactive qualities.