New threads on the diamond

C. Khouri

MLB Spring Training has begun, and everyone is talking about the new uniforms. The MLB decided to change from Nike-made uniforms to Fanatic-made uniforms. This decision has all the players, staff, and fans very heated. The uniforms are very low quality, do not fit properly, and the pants are see-through. Players have even started to come out and flame Fanatics for these poorly made uniforms. For example, Phillies right fielder, Nick Castellanos, had a few words to say to the producers of these new uniforms.
“The problem is that lawyers and businessmen think us young athletes are stupid. We know where we’re being lied to; just say it straight up.”
The MLB was trying to be cheap and save money and they got called out for it. The way the players are being treated by the MLB is very unfair and should not be tolerated. The players are the ones working hard everyday and putting on a show for the fans when they play. They allow the MLB to make money by playing games, selling merchandise, and fans buying tickets to go to the games. The players have done wonders for the MLB and should be treated well for this.
The uniforms are very low quality, but there is no reason to attack the people who work for Fanatics. These people are just doing their job and trying to make a living.

“As a young worker who is new to my job, I think that it’s unfair these employees are being treated this way,” said freshman Fox Waterman. “I wouldn’t want to be getting flamed for something I need to do to keep my job and make money.”

After all the negative feedback that Fanatics have been receiving, they will fix the uniforms to the players and fans’ liking. The feedback spread so wide it made its way to Fanatics CEO, Michael Rubin. Rubin’s opinion on the topic is that Fanatics is doing everything they are told, and they are getting the crap kicked out of them for it. He also went on to say that they only got some players on board with the new uniforms and not all the players, and this was a mistake. By saying this, Rubin is making a very big step in bringing the uniform quality back to their former glory and there should be a big change real soon.