The Student News Site of Coral Springs Charter School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Tennis players leave everlasting influence

See and Clark during the Tennis state championships.

The tennis season is coming to an end and the number 1 and 2 ranked girls have ended their senior year season with a bang. Seniors Madisen Clark and Juhynee See have played great tennis to claim both the Singles and Doubles Individual State Championships.
See and Clark have been playing on the Charter tennis team since 6th grade, and in the last three years have taken a state title home for doubles and singles every single year. They have left a legacy for the young and upcoming players on both the boys and girls teams. Along the way, they have picked up some big wins and have learned from some tough losses. Throughout the years they have continued to gradually improve, making them into great players and be able to play their best tennis under pressure situations.
“It’s been a really fun experience playing with my teammates and having fun on and off the court, while making friends along the way,” said See. “With it being my last year, I feel a mix of emotions. I am so proud of the team and how far we have come these past few years because everyone has improved so much and they are always working hard. I am also sad this is my last year because this is Maddie and I’s last year playing together and she is an amazing friend and player. We have accomplished so much together and I will miss all the memories we made.”
“Being on the team since 6th grade is definitely an unforgettable experience,” said Clark. “I’ve seen player graduate for the past 7 years, and now being in that same spot; it is just completely surreal. I’m so grateful to have shared it with Juhynee, my doubles partner. There’s no one else I would have rather had this journey with and I’m so proud of how far we came and finished up this final season at States.”
Overall the two girls have left a legacy throughout the years with their accomplishments. There was no better way to end their high school tennis careers than the way they did with a big win. They will surely be missed and have made a long lasting impact on all upcoming and current athletes.