The celebrity crush craze

Everyone has their own celebrity crush. Celebrity crushes are all the craze and have a place in our heart and mind.

Everyone has that one celebrity they can’t get enough of. Maybe it’s their skills, personality, smile, or just their looks. Celebrity crushes are taking over people’s daydreams. The obsession over them has grown even more. Of course, it’s not likely that we will ever meet our celebrity crush in real life, but we will always wish for a chance.
People now, especially teens, tend to admire celebrities. Social media has added on to all this admiration. Some users on social media like TikTok edit clips of celebrities. Those videos tend to go viral and end up on everyones For You Page. For example, right now on TikTok, there is a viral edit of actor Jacob Elordi that’s spiraling all over the app. Many other users have reposted the same one or made one of their own.
Back then, people had things like band boy posters or cardboard cutouts of their celebrity crush in their room.
Math teacher Ms. Pottruck grew up being a big fan of actor Zac Efron. He was super popular in the early 2000’s for playing the role of Troy Bolton in the High School Musical movies. Ms. Pottruck was part of the thousands of girls that admired him. He is not as popular now as he was then, but I’m sure there are still people out there that love him.
Now, teens have favorited videos or photos in their camera roll of their favorite celebs.
Freshman Emma Caputo said “My celebrity crush is Chad Michael Murray. He played Tristan Dugray in Gilmore Girls.” Gilmore Girls is a show from the early 2000’s. Although it was from a while ago, it is still relevant among some teens. Some celebs are timeless. Even if their career was at its peak years ago, they will always be in our hearts.
In girlhood, it can be a bonding moment talking to your friends over your newest celebrity crush and looking at photos of them. Other times it can turn into a debate, when you think one thing about a celeb and another person thinks another thing about them. Teens now may toss around phrases refering to their celebrity crushes as their “husband”.
Whether we are obsessing over their latest movie or their newest post on instagram, people will always have that one celebrity that they adore and influences them to try other interests. Everyone will always enjoy all the glitz and glamor of their celebrity crushes, but remember to stay in the present moment too and enjoy your real relationships around you.