The Student News Site of Coral Springs Charter School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Mr. Asencio takes over Room 121

Welcome to Charter Mr. Asencio!

There are many teachers here at Charter. Have you seen any of the new teachers around or even got to know some of them? Well, one of our new English teachers, Mr. Asencio, is 44 years old and is currently teaching in room 121. He teaches intensive and regular English for freshmen.

Mr. Asencio not only teaches English, but also is a coach for swimming. He finds a way to balance his home life with 3 kids and a wife with school and being a coach. He coaches for the head age group at St. Andrews Aquatics. He also coaches a year-round club program, where he coaches 150 students by himself and then around 70 students on the side. He coached for 20 years all-in-all before coming to charter.

Previously, he taught at St. Hall University for 3 years and was a permanent substitute at a catholic high school for 3 years.

This will be Mr. Asencios first year teaching at Charter. Mr. Asencio came to Charter to teach young men and women in the classroom. He wanted to put the same values and ideas into academics the same way he does when it comes to sports. He has a lot of passion when it comes to his students. He wants them to be able to believe in themselves and be able to say that he helped them on their way to success. His way of balancing everything all together is coffee!

But, other than that he has a great support staff including his family, and the staff here at Charter (Mrs. Young, Ms. Martin, and Ms. Montez). So whenever he has a question about something, they never hesitate to give him advice and help him out throughout his journey.

Mr. Asencio became an English teacher because he loves reading a bunch of different genres, horror being his favorite. He loves reading from different authors, including William Shakespeare and Geoffrey Chaucer. He has almost every book by William Shakespeare and he has the whole collection of Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury tales.

He graduated from college with a Bachelors degree and a minor in English. He used to teach Lifeguarding, First-Aid, Exercise Science, along with English and Philosophy at previous schools. He has definitely taught his students more about themselves and what they are capable of. He pushes his students to be the best version of themselves as well as he does with his athletes. Hopefully he decides to keep on teaching more years here at Charter.